If you are ready for a self-guided bike trip in which you are willing and ready to teach yourself how to use all the equipment provided and troubleshoot/fix any problems encountered with any services if necessary (ie: phone, Garmin, transportation due to weather, boat tickets), then this may be the right tour for you... even so I would think twice about utilizing this tour company for your travels.
Ill start with the positive:
1. Bikes were high quality although both were too large for us and breaks were very difficult to use appropriately.
2. Accommodations and the people running them were great
3. Good Cue sheets and routes on Garmin (once we figured out how to use the Garmin)
4. Beautiful scenery and nice backroads on routes provided
Without going into exhaustive detail about the issues with our trip (our honeymoon) I will simplify out issues with the just say the following:
1. Horrible customer service and nasty/litigious communication with tour organizer if and when any questions or problems came up (both before tour started and throughout duration of any and all problems that came up during our tour.
2. Orientation to tour on night we arrived done by someone not associated with the tour company whatsoever... had no idea how the Garmin or phone provided worked, or what our routes entailed.
3. Tour operator notified the evening of our arrival that the phone provided for the tour did not work and that the person orienting us to the tour had no idea where we were doing, what we were doing or how to use any of the equipment... he was more concerned with taking pictures of the boats in the harbor than his work with us and even told us to "treat the Garmin like a video game play around with it and you will figure out your routes". After wasted days of email, skype, and phone conversation between us and the tour operator, the problem with the phone provided (didn’t work at all) was never resolved. Tour operator suggested to us to find a phone store to figure out what was wrong or buy a new SIM card as she may have overlooked setting one up for us…. Just how we wanted to spend out vacation time… We ended up spending hundreds of dollars using our own phone on international roaming trying to communicate how to get this resolved because the phone store in the town we were in at that point was closed by the time we found it. Luckily we had no major emergencies while cycling but if we had and had not been able to use our own international phone, we would have been in quite a bit of trouble.
4. Spent all morning of first riding day being oriented to the tour equipment and routes with tour operator herself via skype since the person sent to do the job the afternoon we arrived (day one of tour) had no clue about any of this… ultimately missed the entire day riding due to lightning storms that started after we finally finished reviewing everything that we should have been oriented to properly the evening before.
5. One helmet didn’t fit… good thing we brought one of our own so were able to switch helmets and make it work…
6. Cockroaches(multiple)found in the room of the “nicest” hotel accommodation of the tour.
7. Boat tickets to destination at conclusion of tour booked at wrong time resulting in hours of time wasted and missed at our following destination and tons on money again wasted on international calling to notify next destination of incorrect arrival time and coordination to resolve.
8. Countless hours overall of frustration and distress wasted over being treated poorly by the tour operator over things that any reputable tour company would have been on top of from a customer service standpoint… not exactly a positive way to spend any vacation let alone our honeymoon.